Thursday, January 27, 2011

Presentation Reflection

Addis ababa ethiopia


The Project: ^

1) What did I do well on the project?

Things I thought I did well on the project: Throughout the project I had a hard time finding specific pictures and info but over a period of time I actually found some good pictures. I also managed to barely read off the screen, project my voice and give good answers towards questions I received. On the other hand the questions were really easy to answer.

2) What would I improve for future presentations/projects?

For future presentations I would improve on the smoothness of my speech and resisting the urge to read of the screen. I want to improve this because many of the presenters read of their powerpoint instead of using cards or memorizing mainly what you wanted the audience to hear. This will help the audience understand better what i am trying to tell them.

3) What did I learn about the presentation process that could include my individual preparation in addition to the presentations of others?

I learned that time and information are the keys to having a good presentation, a good presentation can have maybe four to six sentences per slide to make a good project. Graphics are important as well. If an audience member does not understand what is being presented a photo or movie makes it easier to understand.

4) What did I learn from the city presentations of others?

Since I presented towards the end I was given a chance to observe other students, I noticed (as I said before) that students liked to read off the screens, and after critics were given for reading off the screen. So I started to memorize bit by bit of each slide. Not only did this help during the presentation but it also gave me confidence.




No comments:

Post a Comment